Septic Tank And Soak Pit
Why Do We need A Sewer System
One question that many people might ask is, “Why not simply dump this waste-water onto the ground outside the house, or into a nearby stream?” There are three main things about wastewater that make it so that you don’t want to release into the environment
- Ease in construction.
- No maintenance problem(except periodical cleaning)
- Excellently functioning ST can considerably reduce suspended solids &BOD from sewage.
- Due to digestion reduction in volume is about 60% &reduction in weight is about 30%.
- It is suitable for isolated community.
- If ST is not properly functioning, effluent will be very foul &dark.
- Leakage of gases from top cover of ST may caused bed smells &environmental pollution.
- Periodical cleaning, removal and disposal of sludge remains a tedious problem.
Disposal Of Effluent
Ways Of Disposal Of Effluent Are:-
- Soak Pit.
- Sub-Surface Irrigation
- Leaching Cess-Pools.
- Treated In Trickling Filters
Soak Pit Tank
- HEALTH ASPECTS
- ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES