Structural Detailing and Bar Bending Schedule
- design and design requirements
- cutting and bending of the reinforcement
- placing and wiring in position
- maintaining position of reinforcement
- pre-assembly of cages and mats
- measurements of quantities
- economy in the use of steel
Requirements Of Detailing
- simple for fabrication and placing
- the crack width must be within acceptable limits under service conditions. There should not be any free path for the propagation of the cracks without being traversed by the reinforcement. this is achieved by limiting the max spacing of the reinforcement and min amount of rein.
- There Should Be Sufficient Space For Con To Be Properly Poured And Compacted. This Is Achieved By Limiting Min Spacing Bet The Bars.
- the detailing should be such that the internal forces are safely transferred from one member to another, and from rein to concrete.joints and discontinuities should be capable of withstanding the same forces as the adjoining sections.this is achieved by placing therein in the dir of the tensile force as far as possible.
- the structural drawing should be complete and unambiguous.bar bending should and necessary instructions to the site engineers must be clearly indicated on the drawing.
- prepare drawing properly and accurately
- prepare bar bending schedule, if necessary
- indicate proper cover to the reinforcement
- decide location of the openings/hole and supply adequate details for the reinforcement around openings.
- commonly available size of bars and spirals shall be used for reinforcement for a single structural member the no of diff sizes of rein bar should be minimum.
- the grade of reinforcement bars should be clearly mentioned in the structural drawings
- when reinforcement is left exposed for future construction, it should be adequately protected from corrosion and weathering.
- congestion of the rein. should be avoided at points where members intersect and make certain that all the rein shown can be properly placed.
- show enlarged details at the corners,beam and column joint and at similar special situations.