Surveying is the most initial step in any construction industry. CivilDigital brings you series of frequently asked and discussed multiple choice and interview questions for the benefit of every civil engineering student or job seeker for Interview & Exam Preparation. This part concentrates on Interview Questions from Surveying in Civil Engineering MCQs.
Surveying in Civil Engineering MCQs Part 2
The basic principle of surveying is to be able to work out the position of a point from some other point or points, positioning from the known features to the unknown ones. To start a survey all you do is to measure the distance between two points on the site then draw this to scale on a piece of paper, your site plan. By measuring the distance from these two points to other points on the site the other points can be plotted relative to the two initial points on your plan. You can draw up a network of points joined by distance measurements on your site plan, to scale, as they are on the seabed. That’s it.
- Which type of survey is used in fixing of property lines, the calculation of land area, or the transfer of land property from one owner to another.
- If the length of a line measured with a 20m chain and incorrect length L’ of a chain is 20.1m and measured length l’ is 250m, then what is the ‘true length’ of the line.
- Which type of levelling is the most precise method for determining elevations and one of the most commonly used my engineers.
- What does the Chainage in chain survey refers to
- In a topographic survey what are the imaginary lines called which are used on the ground joining the points of equal elevation.
- What is the essential condition to be fulfilled in orientation of plane table surveying when more than one instrument station is to be used.
- Which rule assumes that the short lengths of boundary between the ordinates are parabolic arcs and is used when the boundary line departs considerably from the straight line.
- If the mean temperature Tm in the field during measurement is 35kg and temperature during standardization of the tape To is 15kg, the measured length is 1000 and coefficient of thermal expansion is 12 x 10-6. What is the temperature correction of the tape?
- What is a sextant?
- Pick out the correct statement from the following.
- The process of turning the telescope in vertical plane through 180o about the trunnion axis in a theodolite is known as
- Which of the following conditions are to be fulfilled by survey lines for a good system of lines in a survey station.
- (i) Survey stations must be mutually visible
- (ii) The lines must run through level ground as possible
- (iii) The main lines should from well-conditioned triangles
- (iv) The framework in survey lines must have one or two survey lines
- Which one of this is not an essential feature of magnetic compass.
- The smallest length that can be drawn on a map is
- Wing nuts are provided on