Upon entering the university, entrants immediately become participants in the dynamic educational process of higher education. It requires from students the high activity in independent educational activities, developed skills of self-control and self-regulation, rational distribution of time, etc. New conditions inevitably provoke the need to adapt and form such behavior that will allow them to function effectively to achieve their goals and meet their own needs.
However, young people do not always have the opportunity to cope with all tasks and the learning process does not always go smoothly. Trying to find a solution to certain problem situations, many people decide to seek help from an online transcription service. Practice shows that transcription services for students are quite useful and can really help them reduce their workload. Read more in this article about when is the best time to get transcription services and which transcription websites are the most trustworthy today.
What Problems Can Academic Transcription Services Help You Deal with?
The highest quality services can help you overcome many difficulties. Here are some examples:
- Let’s say your teacher dictates a lecture very quickly and you have no time to write down important material. But you need to prepare well for the next lesson and study the lecture material. You can make a recording of the lecture and then transcribe it. This allows you to deal with the problem situation that has arisen;
- Let’s assume that you memorize learning material better by reading a text rather than listening to lectures, seminars, etc. Then you should definitely use a transcript of audio content and get all the necessary study materials in the written form;
- Various kinds of errors can be often found in audio and video materials. This is due to the fact that it is more difficult to prepare for oral speech than for writing. Any person can make a mistake in the pronunciation of a word, miss something important, pronounce words with the wrong stress, etc. Furthermore, the recordings may have background noise. To get rid of all the inaccuracies and noise, you can get the text format of the audio or video recording and provide yourself with high-quality transcription.
These are just a few examples of how an academic transcription service can help you deal with various educational challenges, but they clearly demonstrate the importance of getting the content transcribed in the life of both the modern student and the teacher.
Best Academic Online Transcription Services
If you are looking for the best professional human transcribers or high-quality automated transcription software to perform a transcription, check out the list below. It will certainly be useful to you:
- Gglot.com is here to help you save time spent in transcribing audio/video files and speech to Text.
Quickly transcribe speech to text online in any language. Gglot’s multilingual transcription service is perfect for interviews, content marketing, video production, and academic research. Whatever audio you have, our AI speech to text transcription technology will convert it for you.The platform translates audio to text in over 100 languages for one affordable charge, including Korean, English, Russian, Chinese, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, and Japanese. It accepts a wide range of audio and video files, including .avi, .mp3, .mov, .mp4, .wma, .m4a, .wav.mp4, and .aac. With timecodes and many speakers, you can go over your transcript again. You can save and export your transcript in a variety of formats, including PDF, MS Word, VTT, SRT, and more. With GGLOT, all of your foreign subtitles, captions, and transcriptions get stored in the same cloud location. Gglot makes it simple to extract important information from audio and video files, regardless of dialect, background noise, volume, or pace.
Pricing: Gglot has a free plan. Paid plans start at $10/ month.
• Automatic transcriptions at $0.10/min
• 120 min max. file length
• 2 GB max. file size
• 100+ languages and dialects
• Online editor
• Multi-speaker recognition
• Files stored for as long as the subscription is active
- Transcriberry. This service undoubtedly deserves the trust of customers today, as it provides quality automated and human transcription services. Due to this, high accuracy of audio and video transcription is ensured in each individual case. You can visit the service by going to the site transcriberry.com. There you will see the price list and will be able to learn in detail about the conditions of cooperation. Rest assured that the prices are quite affordable. For example, the automated transcription service costs approximately 25¢ per minute. As for the time, the service works as quickly as possible and you can get a written version of your recording in 15 minutes – to 5 hours. It all depends on what kind of transcription service you order (automated, human, or combined);
- Rev. This transcription service offers human-generated transcripts with up to 99% accuracy and transcriptions created by automated software with up to 80% accuracy. Rev supports many languages, including English. The uniqueness of the service is that it creates subtitles for hearing impaired people in English, French, Spanish, Chinese, and many other languages. Other great benefits of Rev include automated captioning for Zoom meetings in voice recording and real-time transcription apps. That is, users have the opportunity to record audio or video on their device and immediately perform decryption using Rev;
- Amberscript. This online service allows its users to benefit from all the tools and features of modern transcription software. It provides students with high accuracy and speed of academic transcription. The software is quite easy to use. In addition, the service provides step-by-step instructions for learning how to work with software. Users can also get a human transcription there to ensure the highest possible quality of their recordings. The platform takes care of the safety of customers. You can be sure that there will be no leakage of your personal and payment information. The service is available for use both on a computer and on a mobile device and supports video and audio of any format and more than 40 languages. Pricing plans start at $10 for an hour of transcription;
- Scribie. This service offers both automated and human transcription. If your recording has no extraneous noise and does not require high-quality decryption, you can get free automated transcription services. If you want to get a quality written version of your audio or video recording, it is better to pay attention to paid manual transcription services. You can choose one of several available tariff plans. Specialists provide fairly high accuracy of transcription, but the lead time is usually 36 hours. Therefore, it is better to use Scribie when you have enough time to get a transcript;
- Otter. It is a great transcription application for students to help them ease the tedious task of transcribing video and audio recordings of lectures, seminars, etc. Although Otter is designed for real-time transcription, users have the possibility to download a voice recording from local storage and decrypt the file. The transcription takes place in the cloud and you get two decryption versions. The first version is quick decryption and, therefore, contains errors. The second version is edited and, therefore, more accurate. The app is free and available for both Android and iOS. Transcription is available for up to 600 minutes. In addition to transcription, Otter offers many other advantageous features. You can easily take notes, add key phrases, and various visual effects. Many well-known companies including Zoom, Dropbox, IBM, etc. use this program, so you definitely don’t have to worry about its reliability;
- Temi. This is another fairly fast and efficient transcription service from the Rev creators. It provides high decryption accuracy, approximately 90-95%. However, accuracy can be greatly reduced if the original recording contains jargon, background noise, multiple speakers, etc. As for the cost, you can get a transcript of an audio or video recording 45 minutes long for free, then you need to pay $ 0.25 per minute;
- TranscribeMe. This is a good application for converting audio files into text. Using a unique combination of the latest in speech recognition technology coupled with staff from around the world, TranscribeMe provides high-quality transcripts at affordable prices. Downloading the application is completely free and does not require any special skills. For security reasons, the application offers to create a separate account for getting transcription services. But it is possible to log in with Google or Facebook and save time on registration;
- Transcription Panda. This is an American company that has been operating since 2016 and in such a short time has already received more than 1,500 regular customers in different countries of the world. It prides itself on providing fast custom transcription and translation services. Prices are transparent and there are no hidden fees. There are two quality levels, labeled “Draft” and “Final Draft”. “Draft” is usually completed quickly. “Final Draft” requires editing and is therefore completed within 24 hours, 2 business days, etc. “Draft” costs less than “Final Draft”. It is approximately $0.79 per minute. Those who wish to receive higher quality choose the “Final Draft” service, which costs from $0.95 to $2.40. Regular customers can get favorable discounts;
- GoTranscript. This transcription company was founded in 2005. It has a large team of experienced certified professionals, which consists of 20,000 people. The website regularly conducts quality testing to identify shortcomings and improve the quality of services. The online platform provides strong protection for customer privacy with 2048-bit SSL encryption and a non-disclosure agreement. Therefore, you can receive quality transcription services without worrying about your online security;
- GMR Transcription. This company is well known in the world. The main office is located in the USA. It offers the advantageous assistance of professional transcriptionists. Automatic transcription is not supported. There are many state and academic institutions, enterprises, etc. among the clients of the service. The website has an excellent reputation and many positive reviews on the Internet. Its services are used by people from all over the world. Transcription prices start at $1.50 per minute of audio transcription. Transcription of a video file costs at least $2 per minute. It is possible to use various additional functions for an additional fee. However, the minimum order must be at least $50, which is not always convenient for students and in some cases forces them to look for other more affordable transcription services online.
Criteria for Choosing the Best Transcription Service
If you cannot decide on the best transcription service for you, pay attention to the following criteria:
- Transcription cost. Different transcription services offer different prices to customers. If you do not want to overpay, give preference to those with an affordable pricing policy;
- Transcription accuracy. Some platforms provide transcription accuracy of 80%, while others ensure 99% accuracy. If you need high-quality decryption, contact those services that are ready to provide it to you;
- Work speed. Trustworthy services offer fast decryption. Pay attention to this so that you do not have to wait too long for the completion of the work.
Thus, give preference to the academic transcription service that can provide you not only with high-quality transcription but also with other beneficial advantages. Transcriberry is just that. You will definitely be satisfied with the quality of its services!